dba Roundup Memorial
1202 Third Street West
Roundup, MT 59072-1816
Office: (406) 323-2301
Fax: (406) 323-3681
Roundup Memorial Healthcare is a not-for-profit 25 bed critical access
hospital organization which provides general medical, emergency services and
rural health clinic.
Chief Executive Officer - Brad Howell
Email us at
Hospital Association Board Members
John Pfister, President
Mark Rosebush, Vice President
Terry Jones, MD., RMH Chief of Medical Staff Ex-officio
Hospital District Board Members
Susan Baxter, Secretary/Treasurer
Sue Olson, County Commissioner
Mary Nelson, County Treasurer
Since 1987, Roundup
Memorial Healthcare is the sole community health care provider
for a rural population of 4,600+ residents. There are three
distinct units at the facility that provide professional
healthcare to the community: Hospital/Emergency and the Medical Clinic. The facility, which
is Medicare and Medicaid certified, provides inpatient and
outpatient care, laboratory, diagnostic imaging, physical
therapy, foot care and orthopedic clinics and more.
The original eight rooms
of the Extending Care Unit (nursing home) were added in 1966 at
a cost of $194,697, with an additional cost of $26,791 for
equipment and furnishings. An expansion to the Extended Care
Unit took place in 1986 at a significantly higher cost than 20
years earlier - $1.3 million. The E.C.U. has now become
part of the 25 bed Critical Access Hospital.
The first section of the
clinic, then known as Musselshell County
Medical Center, was built in 1973 for two providers. Construction
and equipment cost was $144,562. It was expanded in the 1986
construction project and new has three distinct practitioners'
sites, each with three exam rooms and a private office.
The Hospital District Board was formed in 1982. The board
consists of seven members who are responsible for the handling
of the hospital tax levies.
Roundup Memorial Healthcare staffs physicians
and mid-levels and support employees that keep the
facility operational 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. In 1976, there were approximately 50 employees in the facility,
with salaries totaling $243,088. It was 1976 when the hospital
closed, as the only remaining physician in town left the area.
The hospital reopened in 1979 in a management partnership with
Brim Healthcare of Brentwood, Tennessee. The feat was
accomplished through strong community support and a pledge of
$225,000. The OB Department closed in 1989 and the Surgical
Department closed in 1993 due to economic reasons. As of
2007, there are approximately 90 employees in the facility with
salaries and benefits totaling $2.8 million.
Individuals who recognized the importance of having a
well-equipped community hospital right here in town donated much
of the original equipment and amenities. While much of the
original equipment has been replaced through the years, it is
still through the generosity of community members that many of
our needs are met. The Hospital Auxiliary has funded gifts each
year and other community-based organizations such as Elk, Rotary
and Lions, have donated many medical items as well as other
items through the years. The work, sacrifice and contributions
necessary to build the facility are equally necessary to sustain
it in these times of budget control and reimbursement cutbacks.